Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Done with Google Summer of Code 2008

I'm really proud to inform everyone that I have completed my Google Summer of Code project this year and that is the first time I'm doing the Gsoc. I'm really satisfying the way I have completed it and I kept on writing code continuously and the important thing is that I never left stuff to handle at the end and kept on doing things in a continuous manner.
Next important thing happen to me is adding another project for my committing list which is Apache Qpid, previously I had committing rights for Apache Axis2C, Apache Axis2, Rampart/C and WS-Commons, now I'm happy to have committing rights for Apache Qpid which is the project which I most likely to being with. I have already committed the code in to SVN and change the build. I thought of writing a blog post in order to thank all the people who helped me over this.
First I got this oppurtunity simply because I was expose in to the open source world when I was in my internship at WSO2.I have to thank to the university and all the staff members and all my colleagues in my batch. Then I have to thank to people who personally advice me to select WSO2 for the internship who are Vajira Ginneliya (my cousin) and Dinesh Premalal (Senior student from my university and currently reading for his MSc). Thank you very much all the employees at WSO2 for helping me to have a great time during my internship.
Then I have to thank all the people who helped me to make my Gsoc proposal a success, first I have to thank Rajith Athapaththu (who works for RedHat in Canada). He was the one who adviced on how to make my proposal effecive and he kept on helping me for the whole period of time I spent with Gsoc and thanks Rajith Ayya for your assist and I really really appriciate. And next important people were Aidan Skinner, Marnie McCormack and Martin Ritchie who were my mentors and I think I'm the most luckies guy with Gsoc to have mentors like them, and if I wasn't get Aidans help I might not be able to complet my Gsoc in this way so BIG THANK YOU FOR AIDAN....THANKS DUDE THANKS A LOT.I shouldn't forget the Qpid developers community and they were very helpful for me whenever they can and I really appriciate your great assist and thank you very much for being helpful for me during last couple of months.I have to give a special thanks for Leslie Hawthorn from Googles side and she was always in our side and helped emmensely to make everybodies project success. And thanks for Google for organizing the event and allowing us to get in to open source world with a great exposure.I'm always reminding all my family members whom always there with me my Mom Dad and three bros.
I will be working with Qpid community as much as possible simply because I love that and that's my pleasure to contribute towards ASF.

1 comment :

Anonymous said...

I'm glad that you successfully completed Gsoc project and continue your contribution ! Keep up good work !